Michael Kellerman is the Director of Business Development for Electronic Controls and Services at Danfoss.
Michael Kellerman, director of business development for electronic controls and services at Danfoss, joins John Sheff, Danfoss’ former director of public and industry affairs, to discuss how Alsense can help food retail businesses save energy and prevent food waste.
- Alsense is Danfoss’ IoT cloud solution to help food retail customers protect, monitor and improve food quality.
- Danfoss has been in the food retail monitoring business since the early 2000s. Today, Danfoss has over 1 million connected devices and processes over 2 million alarms each week. The food retail monitoring center in Baltimore operates 24/7/365.
- Alsense complements, but does not replace, the current Danfoss food retail HVAC controllers. The controllers perform critical functions and collect useful data. Alsense allows customers to leverage that data.
- The data is available to anyone in the enterprise – those at the corporate level, in the local stores, even contractors.
- Alsense data provides visualization, stabilization and predictive maintenance, to drive energy and operational efficiency.
- Alsense uses Microsoft cloud technology, providing security and scalability.
- Provides the total package for food retail to manage their HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Customers get actionable data and alerts so they know when to bring in contractors; for example, if a food case has been operating 80% of its time out of the desired temperature range, Alsense quickly allows our customers to identify the concern and then take actions to improve or diagnose.
- Alsense gives insight on specific equipment and energy performance, so customers can see how compressors and other components are operating and get alerts if anything changes.
- Used in conjunction with Danfoss controls, Alsense is a powerful tool that can provide a great deal of value.
Learn more about Alsense and related food retail products
Listen on SoundCloud
Listen on YouTube
For more information and additional episodes of the EnVisioneering Exchange podcast, visit https://www.danfoss.com/en-us/about-danfoss/insights-for-tomorrow/envisioneering-exchange/