Frank Ford is Director of Product Management at Danfoss.
Frank Ford, director of product management at Danfoss Turbocor, joins John Sheff, Danfoss’ former director of public and industry affairs, to discuss the newest Turbocor compressor, the VTCA 400.
- Turbocor compressors are unique in that they are oil-free, variable-speed, and magnetic-bearing, so no degradation over the lifetime of the compressor.
- The VTCA 400 is the first Turbocor compressor compatible with low-GWP refrigerant R-1233zd and is smaller than similar compressors currently on the market.
- Small size of VTCA 400 gives chiller manufacturers the option to use multiple compressors.
- Hybrid design uses a combination of mixed flow and radial impellers, resulting in high lift and optimal efficiency.
- Primary use will be in water-cooled chillers. The smaller size allows for more compact chiller design.
- Compressor is very efficient at variable speeds; it exceeds ASHRAE current standard by 10% on full load and 25-30% on part-load based on a 400-ton chiller.
- Efficiency combined with low-GWP refrigerant provides the most sustainable and operational friendly compressor on the market.
Learn more about Danfoss Turbocor compressors
Listen on SoundCloud
Listen on YouTube
For more information and additional episodes of the EnVisioneering Exchange podcast, visit https://www.danfoss.com/en-us/about-danfoss/insights-for-tomorrow/envisioneering-exchange/